Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Glass House model on Today Show?

UPDATE: Thanks Callsmall! Here is the twitter feed pic from The Glass House that she mentioned, oh I really want to see some close ups!!


Also, I just found this video of the Today Show episode. Skip to 2:10min to see the miniature Glass House http://www.today.com/video/today/53295164/#53295164. Here are some screen captures of the video. I LOVE that brown barcelona chair and daybed, so dreamy! I wonder if those are Vitra?




ORIGINAL:
I heard that on the Today Show this morning, Neiman Marcus was promoting their Christmas Book which includes "The Glass House Experience" under the Fantasy Gifts section ($30,000 to stay in the actual Glass House). Apparently they had a model of Philip Johnson's Glass House. Did anyone see the model or see any photos online? I would love to see the model and find out if there are more than one for promotions and what will happen to the beauty after the holidays.

Below is a picture of the model of the Glass House on display at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. I would love to have a dollhouse like this.

9 comments:

  1. I love that house. I wonder if the dimensions are available for it or the full size one. I certainly would like to try to build one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks really good with the landscaping though IRL you'd have to dress up just to eat breakfast and have a face full of make up in case the neighbors drove by

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that this morning....drool, drool, drool!!! I found some pics of the actual house I have saved online and I think my next dollhouse to build will be this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw it this morning too and thought of this site :) (longtime follower). Crazy price tag but oh-so-adorable. Would love to make my own someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Thanks for sharing! I saw the Glass House Twitter feed posted a pic: https://twitter.com/PJGlassHouse/status/390446700151586816/photo/1

    I asked them about it -- we will see if they reply!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! If you live in a glass house, they will throw stones? Well, let them! What an experience it must be to live in one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should make one yourself --- and a spare =0D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! I have never seen a model for the Glass House, but I'm a big fan of the real-life one. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Something else to drool over! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.